As users become connected, more applications are fielded and new services made available, contributing to improved situational awareness, better informed decisions and efficient management of assets and material. In military terms, these capabilities are becoming a force multiplier enabling commanders to improve their situational assessment, consider potential courses of action and implement the best solution. Achieving the most suitable effect with smaller, more flexible and maneuverable assets is imperative for cost effective operations.
C4 is the key enabler for effects based operations. To maintain the highest flexibility, and maneuverability, weapon systems are being connected to information systems, through integrated vehicle electronics (vetronics) which become the building blocks of modern battle management systems.
This feature continues to cover the following topics:
- Tactical C4 Networking Challenges
- Building Blocks of C4 Systems
- Vehicular C4 Applications
- C4 for the Battalion Level
- Situation Assessment Tools For Dismounted Leaders
- Brigade’s Tactical Operations Center
- Common Operation Picture (COP)
- The Modern Command post
- C4 Networking Architecture
- Mission planning Tools