has selected six US aerospace primes to participate in a government-and-industry partnership to advance research and certification. In a statement announcing the selection NASA said the six firms were chosen for their technical expertise, willingness and ability to share in costs, certification experience with government agencies, focused technology areas and partnership histories. The companies selected are:
- Bell Helicopter Textron Inc. of Fort Worth, Texas
- GE Aviation of Cincinnati
- Company of Palmdale, Calif.
- Aerospace Systems of Redondo Beach, Calif.
- Research & Technology of St. Louis
- United Technologies Corporation and subsidiary Pratt & Whitney of Hartford, Conn.
The first task for the partners is to develop articles of collaboration and establish how the alliance will work and how companies may be added in the future.
NASA Composite Structures & Materials
Download file (PDF)