Other Regional Defense Updates:
Afghanistan | Australia | Brunei | Bangladesh | China | India | Indonesia | Japan | Malaysia | Myanmar |
North Korea | Pakistan | Philippines | Singapore | South Korea | Sri-Lanka | Taiwan | Thailand | Vietnam.
- Indonesia Orders 156 Refurbished Armored Fighting Vehicles from Germany for €216 million November 13, 2013
- $500 M. Apache Deal Promotes US-Indonesia Relations, Hope for Recovery of WWII MIA August 27, 2013
- Main Battle Tanks Moving East January 14, 2013Email this pageWith the world’s largest armies (except China and India) have ceased procurement of Main Battle Tanks (MBT), third world countries are becoming more dominant customers for this weapon category. Ukraine T-84, Russian T-90 and Chinese MBT2000 are all in production while western tanks are sold second hand to Asian armies at bargain price
- Extended Endurance Could Get C295AEW Back on the Indonesian Radar January 3, 2013Email this pageAirbus Military has begun flight-testing a modification to add winglets to the C295 medium transport and surveillance aircraft. Extending the aircraft endurance would be beneficial to maritime surveillance and airborne early warning missions, particularly when operating in high and hot conditions.
- Indonesia Receive Armored Vehicles from Germany, Transports from Spain October 5, 2012
- KRI Klewang – First Stealthy Trimaran Patrol Vessel for the Indonesian Navy September 6, 2012Email this pageNorth Sea Boats launched the first of four advanced, stealthy, 63 meter trimaran patrol boats for the Indonesian Navy on August 31, 2012. Following the completion, extensive sea trials and testing commencing next month, the KRI KLEWANG is is expected to be fully operational 2013.
- Indonesia Receives Four A-29 Super Tocanos August 6, 2012Email this pageEmbraer Defense and Security has today delivered four light attack and tactical training A-29 Super Tucano aircraft to Indonesia’s Air Force at a ceremony held in its facility in Gavião Peixoto, São Paulo, Brazil. Indonesia is the first operator of Super Tucano in the Asia- region.
- After Saudi-Arabia, Qatar is also Interested in German Leopard 2 Tanks July 29, 2012
- China, Indonesia Expand Military Cooperation July 29, 2012Email this pageChina and Indonesia have started talks on the local production of C-705 anti-ship missiles, as part of Indonesia’s efforts to achieve independence in weapons production. The initial talks were conducted as part of the first China-Indonesia defense industry cooperation meeting held in Jakarta on Wednesday, July 25, 2012.
- Research: With 150 New Submarines to be Built until 2021, the Submarine Market Seems to be on Solid Ground May 2, 2012Email this pageThe military submarine market is expected to continue growing in a modest pace through the second decade of the 21st century, as naval forces are inducting modern, more capable submarines, designed for extended operational missions at sea.