Other Regional Defense Updates:
Afghanistan | Australia | Brunei | Bangladesh | China | India | Indonesia | Japan | Malaysia | Myanmar |
North Korea | Pakistan | Philippines | Singapore | South Korea | Sri-Lanka | Taiwan | Thailand | Vietnam.
- Iran: We supplied ballistic guided rockets to Hezbollah Nov 24, 2014 Iranian and Lebanese sources have recently confirmed that the Iranian backed Lebanese group Hezbollah has received the Iranian Fateh-110 guided ballistic missiles, and inducted the weapon into its missile arsenal. With a range of 250-350 km the new missile can hit targets provides the group with a capability to hit any target in Israel up to the northern Negev. Share this:SharePrintEmailStumbleUponRedditTumblrTwitterPocket
- Lebanese source: Mobile missile launchers can hit any target in Israel Nov 24, 2014 Launched from camouflaged truck mounted containers, Fateh 110 ballistic guided missiles could strike most of the relevant targets in Israel, the Lebanese Daily Star reports. Share this:SharePrintEmailStumbleUponRedditTumblrTwitterPocket
- Thyssenkrupp seeking a buyer for its naval business group Nov 24, 2014 Following the forced divestment of its Swedish Kockums acquisition, The German industrial conglomerate ThyssenKrupp is seeking to divest the remaining assets related to submarine construction – under its Marine Systems (TKMS) business group Share this:SharePrintEmailStumbleUponRedditTumblrTwitterPocket
- News analysis: Arab spring reviving ISIS’ Islamic Caliphate Nov 23, 2014 In this first part in a series outlining the violently evolving middle east, this essay written by Defense-Analyst David Eshel covers the evolution of Da’ish (aka ISIS, ISIL) from the collapse of Iraq, by operation ‘Iraqi Freedom’ and the chaos triggered by President Obama’s Middle East ‘Arab Spring’ campaign of 2009. Share this:SharePrintEmailStumbleUponRedditTumblrTwitterPocket
- Preview: Israel’s live robotics display at AUS&R Nov 23, 2014 Israel’s latest drones and robots are on display this week at the AUS&R event. Held for the second year, AUS&R has become the showcase of Israel’s unmanned systems industry and operators. Share this:SharePrintEmailStumbleUponRedditTumblrTwitterPocket
- Pakistan considers buying 30-40 stealth fighters from China Nov 23, 2014 Pakistan is interested in acquiring a stealth fighter and has expressed interest in the newly unveiled Chinese FC-31. Pakistan is one of several countries interested in the new Chinese fighter – the first stealth aircraft available for export without US or Russian restrictions. Share this:SharePrintEmailStumbleUponRedditTumblrTwitterPocket
- British MOD seek privatization of military logistics Nov 22, 2014 Recommended by the SDSR as a cost saving measure, the sale will also gives DSG access to the investment required to grow and transform the services it provides to the armed forces. Share this:SharePrintEmailStumbleUponRedditTumblrTwitterPocket
- Modernized Blackjack takes off after avionic upgrade Nov 22, 2014 The first Tupolev Tu-160M Blackjack has completed its maiden flight after an avionic modernization that revamped the bombers’ radar and avionic systems in the past two years. The aircraft is one of three undergoing the upgrade, under a contract worth RUR3.4 billion (US$103 million) awarded in 2013. Share this:SharePrintEmailStumbleUponRedditTumblrTwitterPocket
- How mature is PyongYang’s submarine launched missile program? Nov 22, 2014 North Korea recently conducted a test of an ejection launcher that U.S. intelligence agencies assess is part of Pyongyang’s recently discovered submarine-launched ballistic missile program. Despite those alleged facts, analysts question the maturity of the North Korean missile submarine program. Share this:SharePrintEmailStumbleUponRedditTumblrTwitterPocket
- Fateh 110 missiles in Iran, Syria and Lebanon Nov 22, 2014 By the early 1990s the Chinese design evolved into the indigenously developed Zelzal II, under a joint program with Syria. The rocket’s 610mm diameter determined the new designation for the weapon – M600. Using larger propellant tank, the missile’s range was extended to 250km, but at these ranges, its course deviation would render the weapon useless attacking ground targets with any military significance. Fateh 110 was designed to rectify this problem and turn the free-flight rocket into a ballistic missile that would improve its precision even at maximum range. The missile was fitted with an inertial guidance system (INS) and guidance system controlling four canards correcting the missiles’ trajectory, by nulling deviations caused by atmospheric conditions (wind, pressure) and propulsion irregularities. The missile was first tested in 2010, reached a distance of 200 km carrying a warhead of 650 kg. A year later this flight was followed by another test of a variant (called Khalij Fars) using electro-optically guidance, in addition to the INS, claimed to be capable of destroying naval vessels at a range of 200 km at sea. Earlier in 2014 the Iranians unveiled two new variants of the missile – an anti-radiation variant (radar killer) called Hormuz-1 and a new anti-ship version called Hormuz-2, which is likely to use an RF seeker ...