SMi’s 4th Annual Future Armoured Vehicles Survivability Conference, Exhibition and Focus Day returns to London between the 13th and 15th of November 2018.
As the only event purely dedicated to the area of vehicle protection, this event will deliver a strong focus on the relationship between current requirements, emerging technologies and how these might be leveraged to enhance force protection.
Building on 2017’s focus day, SMi will host an exclusive pre-conference Active Protection Systems focus day on the 13 November, dedicated to this important capability. Mr. Tom Newbery, Active Protection Research Technical Authority, Platform Survivability Group, DSTL, UK MoD will chair this meeting.
Defense Update is a media sponsor of this exciting event
More information about the event is available here
The focus day will aim to deliberate national efforts to integrate APS into existing fleets, the architectures necessary to support integration, efforts to ensure system safety, STANAG 4686 standardization and much more. Importantly, the meeting will guarantee the support of technical experts from the leading solution providers, covering the latest hard/soft kill systems, sensors, data processing, munitions, and countermeasures.
Key themes for the focus day include a discussion of future challenges, the UK National Updates, research and procurement of Active Integrated Protection Systems for British Armoured Vehicles, US Army Armoured Vehicle Protection Suite (VPS) and Modular APS, and APS developments in Germany and Turkey.
On 14th-15th November, the two-day conference will aim to further cover the core areas of survivability in detail, exploring the latest platforms, vehicle architectures, active/passive protection, mobility, counter-IED, un-manned/autonomous solutions, signature management, and stealth.
Leonardo is the event’s Gold Sponsors, accompanied by other sponsors including Dynamit Nobel, Frazer Nash Consultancy, Intracom Defense Electronic Systems, Lockheed Martin, Rafael, Raytheon, Rheinmetall Active Protection GMBH, Soucy Group, and UTC Aerospace Systems.
The Active Protection Systems focus day presentations will be delivered by the following speakers:
- Mr. Tom Newbery, Active Protection Research Technical Authority, Platform Survivability Group, DSTL, UK MoD
- Lieutenant Colonel Kerim Serkan Simais, Specialist-Land Platforms, SSM, Turkish MoD
- Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Ramos, Product Manager Vehicle Protection Systems, PEO Ground Combat Systems, Stryker Brigade Combat Team, US Army
- Major Luke Wilson, Requirements Manager, Royal Engineers, DE&S, UK MoD
- Major Aharon, APS Technical Integrator, Israeli MoD
- Mr. Wayne Beutler, Associate Director Ground Vehicle Survivability and Protection, TARDEC, US Army
- Mr. Ulrich Faxel, Technical Director, Deputy Programme Manager PUMA, BAAINBw, German MoD
- Dr. Arild Skjold, Senior Scientist, FFI
- Dr. Ronald Meixner, Pre-Sales Engineer, Rheinmetall Active Protection GMBH (RAP)
- Mr. Guy Davies, Capability Manager – Vehicle Systems, Leonardo
- Mr. David Smith, Principal Consultant, Frazer-Nash Consultancy Ltd.
- Senior Representative, Raytheon
- Senior Representative, UTC Aerospace Systems
More information about the upcoming event is available here
To sponsor or exhibit, email Sadia Malick at [email protected]
or call +44 (0)207 827 6748
For delegate inquiries, email James Hitchen at [email protected]
or call +44 (0)207 827 6054