Other Regional Defense Updates:
Afghanistan | Australia | Brunei | Bangladesh | China | India | Indonesia | Japan | Malaysia | Myanmar |
North Korea | Pakistan | Philippines | Singapore | South Korea | Sri-Lanka | Taiwan | Thailand | Vietnam.
- The KA-52 Gunship at Army 2019 Jun 26, 2019 Russian Helicopters has displayed the latest version of the KA-52 attack helicopter at the Army 2019 defense expo at Kubinka, in the Moscow region. A derivative of the Kamov KA50 helicopter that used a tandem cockpit, KA-52 This version is based on the KA50, KA-52K is in service with the Russian Army and a navalized version, KA-52K is operated by the Egyptian Navy.
- Pantsir-SM Mitigates Drone-Related Capability Gaps Jun 25, 2019 The KBP group has launched an upgraded export version of the Pantsir-S1M that implements some of the lessons Russia gained from recent combat engagements in Syria. The new configuration that improves the systems capability to deal with unmanned aerial systems (drones) of all types.
- Russian Army to Receive New 8×8 Boomerang AFV Prototypes for Testing Jun 24, 2019 The Russian Boomerang 8×8 combat vehicle was developed by the VPK company in two configurations, the 25 ton K17 Armored Fighting Vehicle (AFV) and a 22-ton amphibious Armored Personnel Carrier (APC) designated K16. Intended to replace heeled combat vehicles such as the BTR
- UVision Introduces New Multi-Mission Loitering Weapons Jun 20, 2019 Although Loitering Munitions (LM) have been introduced decades ago, these weapons have gained general acceptance and maturity in recent years, following their operational debut in battlefields in the Caucasus and the Middle East. While several manufacturers already offer various types of ‘suicide drones’, only a few are committed to this category as Israel’s UVision Air, the developer, and producer of the Hero line of loitering missiles that unveiled a range of new members of its Hero family of LMs this week at the recent Paris Air Show. Uvision has already sold Hero LMs to multiple customers, including the Israel Defense Forces, and leading NATO countries.
- Bringing F-35 Technology to the Rotorcraft World Jun 19, 2019 Excite brings the F-35 display, and image fusion technology to cockpits of future helicopters, such as Future Attack & Reconnaissance Aircraft (FARA) and Future Vertical Lift (FVL), both families are expected to appear in the US and European market in the next decade.
- With Glider Swarms and Hard Kill for Self Protection MBDA Charts the Future of Air Warfare Jun 17, 2019 MBDA provided today a fresh vision of future air warfare. A range of future weapons presented by the company at Paris Air Show 2019, to illustrate the weapons that the Franco-German Future Combat Air System (FCAS) and Britain’s Tempest would carry by 2030-2040.
- IAI Introduces a Tactical Member of the Heron Family of UAS Jun 4, 2019 IAI is introducing a new member of the Heron family of Unmanned Aerial Systems, designed for tactical operations. The Tactical Heron or T-Heron is positioned as the successor for the company’s Searcher tactical UAS. Flight testing of the new UAS is expected to begin in 2019 and continue through the next year.
- German Army to Get Software Defined Radios for the Infantry Jun 4, 2019 The German Federal Ministry of Defense (MOD) has selected Telefunken Radio Communications Systems (RACOMS), to equip its infantry units with the PNR1000 advanced soldier radio, part of Elbit Systems’ E-Lynx family of Software Defined Radios (SDR). The new radios will be used at the platoon and company levels
- Indian Navy Demonstrates ‘MRSAM ‘Cooperative Engagement’ Capability May 17, 2019 The Indian Navy conducted the first firing test of an MRSAM naval air defense missile employed in the full Joint Taskforce Coordination (JTC) mode. JTC implements the MRSAM ‘Cooperative Engagement’ operating mode.
- Lockheed Martin adds SPICE to its Weapons May 16, 2019 Lockheed Martin and RAFAEL have signed a cooperation agreement to jointly develop, manufacture, market and support RAFAEL’s Smart, Precise Impact and Cost-Effective (SPICE) missile guidance kits to Lockheed Martin’s platforms.