Other Regional Defense Updates:
Afghanistan | Australia | Brunei | Bangladesh | China | India | Indonesia | Japan | Malaysia | Myanmar |
North Korea | Pakistan | Philippines | Singapore | South Korea | Sri-Lanka | Taiwan | Thailand | Vietnam.
- 155mm Artillery System Claims World Record: 76km Nov 27, 2019 In a recent firing series held in South Africa, the German-South African joint-venture Rheinmetall Denel Munitions (RDM) demonstrated a dramatic increase in the range of its artillery firepower. The demonstration employed three 155 mm cannons with 52 and 39 caliber lengths, which scored three world records – firing at ranges of 76, 67 and 54 km.
- Israeli-Designed Mini Corvettes to Replace Eight Hetz Missile Boats Nov 20, 2019 With ongoing domestic procurement of naval weapon systems for Magen corvettes and Dolphin submarines, and growing export opportunities, naval programs become an important growth opportunity for Israel’s defense industries.
- Russian Air Force Begins Testing MALE Strike Drones Nov 2, 2019 The Russian Air Force has begun testing the medium-altitude long-range drone Orion Medium Altitude, Long Endurance (MALE) strike-reconnaissance drones.
- E-Lynx SDR to Modernize the Swiss Army Mobile Communications Oct 29, 2019 Switzerland has selected Elbit Systems to replace the vehicular tactical radio equipment currently used by the Swiss military. A contract award for the supply of software-defined radios, vehicle intercoms, and headsets is expected to be worth several hundred-millions of Swiss Francs and is subject to Swiss Parliament approvals.
- Agreement to buy 478 F-35 Sets F-35A Unit Price Below $80 Million Target Oct 29, 2019 The F-35 Joint Program Office and Lockheed Martin finalized a $34 billion agreement for the production and delivery of 478 F-35s in three models, at the lowest aircraft price during the history of the Program.
- Counter Drone System Repels Drone Attack on a Portuguese Port at REP(MUS)19 NATO Exercise Oct 25, 2019 Dozens of unmanned underwater, surface and air vehicles from NATO countries have gathered in Portugal for two weeks in September, testing new technological advances in unmanned maritime systems networks. To beef up its Port defense capability the Portuguese Navy invited IAI to bring its Drone-Guard C-UAS system that provided unprecedented situational awareness and drone defeat capability during the exercise.
- Raytheon to Build a New 360 Radar for the US Army Patriot Air Defense Systems Oct 17, 2019 The Raytheon Company announced it has been selected to provide the US Army with its next-generation, 360-degree capable radar – known as the Lower Tier Air and Missile Defense Sensor (LTAMDS). Deployment of sensors like LTAMDS is expected to close the vulnerability of sectorial air defenses that was clearly demonstrated in the failure of Saudi Arabian air defenses to detect and warn of the Iranian cruise missile attack.
- Soft-Kill System Seconds a Hard-Kill in a Layered Defense Demonstration Oct 14, 2019 BAE Systems unveiled its next-generation active protection system called raven today, at the US Army (AUSA) convention. Raven uses a unique, non-kinetic InfraRed (IR) countermeasure system to defeat guided missiles fired at the protected platform. Raven has already demonstrated its effectiveness against guided missiles in several tests.
- Aerospace, Defense & Security Events Oct 10, 2019 October – December 2019 Events Traveling abroad? Our Travel Partner Agoda has the most attractive deals! AUSA – US Army Annual Meeting & Convention – 14-16 October 2019, Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington DC, USA Directed Energy Systems – 22-24 October 2019, London Mariott Hotel, Regents Park, London UK CPSE – China 17th Public Security Expo – 28-30 October 2019, Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center, Shenzhen, China Future Mortar Systems – 29-31 October 2019, Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference center, Madrid, Spain UVID International Conference of Unmanned Systems – 7 November 2019, Avenue Convention Center, Airport City, Israel Future Armoured Vehicles Survivability – 12-14 November 2019, Kempthorne Tara Hotel, Kensington, London UK Dubai Airshow – 17-21 November 2019, DWC, Dubai Airshow Site Defense & Security – Tri-Service Asian Defense & Security Exhibition, Conference and Networking Event -, 18-21 November 2019, IMPACT Exhibition & Convention Center, Bangkok, Thailand Future Indirect Fires Eastern Europe – 19-21 November 2019, Hotel Swisshotel, Tallinn, Estonia Milipol – 19-22 November 2019, Paris-Nord Villepinte, Paris, France Expodefensa International Defense & Security Trade Fair – 2-4 December 2019, Bogota, Columbia I/ITSEC – Modeling, Simulation & Training Event – 2-6 December, Orlando, FL, USA Countering Explosive Threat & Demining – 10-12 December 2019, Hilton Wembley, London, UK GDA – Gulf Defense & Aerospace Exhibition & Conference – 10-12 December 2019, Kuwait International Fair, Kuwait For Events taking place in JANUARY-MARCH 2019 – Click Here For Events taking place in APRIL-JUNE 2019 – Click Here For Events taking place in JULY-SEPTEMBER 2019 – Click Here For Events taking place in OCTOBER-DECEMBER 2019 – Click Here Traveling abroad? Try our Travel Partner Agoda – attractive deals – recommended hotels Want to include your event in our list?
- S70 Okhotnik Flies MUM-T with Su-57 Sep 28, 2019 Sukhoi and the Russian Ministry of Defense have flown the S-70 Okhotnik unmanned aerial vehicle with Su-57 fifth-generation fighter aircraft for the first time. The flight that laster 30 minutes as part of the ongoing test program. On this flight, Okhotnik flew with a full avionics configuration in an automated mode.