Other Regional Defense Updates:
Algeria | Bahrain | Cyprus | Egypt | Iran | Iraq | Israel | Jordan | Kuwait |
Lebanon | Libya | Morocco | Oman | Qatar | Saudi-Arabia | Syria | Turkey |
Tunisia | UAE | Yemen.
- Future Armored Vehicles – Weapon Systems Event Becomes a Webinar Mar 25, 2020 We salute SMi and its sponsors John Cockerill and Lockheed Martin for their bold decision and commitment to the armor community for keeping this event going, providing this virtual venue updating us and providing unique networking opportunities despite the social distancing and travel restrictions imposed on us around the world.
- IAI’s Battle Management Solution Changes the Rules of Combat Mar 16, 2020 OPAL – a decentralized battle management system that enables interconnectivity, data sharing in real-time, enables military forces to meet the challenges of the modern combat arena.
- KADEX 2020 Feb 10, 2020 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan – 11 – 13 June 2021
- Israel Debuts New Persistent Surveillance Capabilities at the Singapore Airshow Feb 10, 2020 In a trend to improve wide-area persistent surveillance (WAPS) beyond existing capabilities, three defense industries from Israel unveil groundbreaking, lightweight WAPS systems designed for small, tactical unmanned aerial systems (STUAS) at the Singapore Airshow. These platforms are designed to operate with tactical forces and provide intelligence support to the units in direct contact with the enemy.
- Iran Unveils Raad-500 – A New Tactical Ballistic Missile Feb 9, 2020 Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) unveiled today the existence of a new tactical ballistic missile representing a generation leap in ballistic missile technology. The 4th Generation Raad-500 (Thunder) introduces an improved aerodynamic design, composite casing rocket propulsion, and terminal precision capability.
- Israel’s Eitan 8×8 APC to be Fielded by the End of 2021 Feb 9, 2020 Israel will soon begin serial production of Eitan 8×8 armored personnel carriers (APC) at the IDF Technical and Logistics Directorate Development and Maintenance Center, where Merkava and Namer heavy armored fighting vehicles are produced. Eitan is expected to become operational at the end of 2021, replacing the half-century-old M-113 APC.
- An IDF Brigade to Field AI-Empowered Networked Fires by 2022 Feb 3, 2020 Israel’s Ministry of Defense (IMOD) has announced the acquisition of ‘Fire Weaver’ – a networked sensor-to-shooter system developed by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems. Fire Weaver will be implemented at the divisions of Israel’s Defense Forces (IDF) as it becomes operational in the coming year.
- Heron II Joins IAI’s MALE Family Jan 29, 2020 IAI has unveiled a new version of its Heron Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) drone, designated Heron Heron MK II. Carrying a 470 kg payload weight the maximum takeoff weight has increased to 1,350 kg., while mission endurance remained at 45 hours.
- Future Armored Vehicles: Protection Systems USA Jan 9, 2020 Arlington, Virginia | 1-12 June 2020
- Military Flight Training Jan 8, 2020 Syon Park London | 8 -9 December 2020