Other Regional Defense Updates:
Algeria | Bahrain | Cyprus | Egypt | Iran | Iraq | Israel | Jordan | Kuwait |
Lebanon | Libya | Morocco | Oman | Qatar | Saudi-Arabia | Syria | Turkey |
Tunisia | UAE | Yemen.
- Sig Sauer Inc. Acquires Israeli Robotics Expert General Robotics Mar 20, 2023Last week (16 March 2023), SIG SAUER announced the acquisition of Israeli robotics expert General Robotics, a world-leading manufacturer of lightweight, remote weapon stations and tactical robotics. According to Dan Cohen, SIG Sauer Inc. CEO, combining General Robotics’ remote weapons station with SIG SAUER’s lightweight squad weapons and high-pressure hybrid ammunition could revolutionize small arms for military forces worldwide.
- IFVs – Essential Components for NATO’s Forward Presence Mar 15, 2023Can rapid fielding of modern and mature 8×8 IFVs reduce the risk and enhance the combat agility of NATO’s Eastern front? The combat experience gathered in the Ukraine War reflects the need for agile land combat systems that effectively integrate maneuverability and firepower and rely on logistical support from domestic or neighboring allied countries. How can NATO get them quickly? Marrying proven systems and platforms delivered by trusted sources from active production lines is paramount in reducing risks and accelerating delivery and fielding.
- General Robotics Displays Integrated Robotics Solutions at IDEX 2023 Feb 20, 2023General Robotics, the Israeli designer of Light Weight RCWS Systems and tactical robotics, displays advanced integrations of the company’s systems over platforms from several manufacturers. The systems are displayed by several leading integrators participating in the IDEX defense exhibition and NAVDEX naval expo opening today in Abu Dhabi.
- Brahmos Seeks New Export Prospects for Indo-Russian Missiles Feb 15, 2023Celebrating its 25 anniversary at the Aero India 2023 exhibition, Brahmos Aerospace shows the new Brahmos NG air-launched cruise missiles (ALCM). Brahmos NG is designed as a smaller and more agile missile, reaching a top speed of 3.5 Mach. It will have the same range as Brahmos I and carry an equally capable warhead. A lighter and smaller weapon, the NG is likely to be integrated with Tejas, Rafale and Typhoon.
- 30 Years of India-Israel Defense Relations Feb 12, 2023IAF Base, Yelahahanka – Aero India 2023: The past three decades have seen significant growth in India-Israel defense cooperation. This cooperation is expected to grow in the coming years as Israeli defense companies expand their presence and adjust to India’s self-reliance policy to address regional security challenges and tap the true scope of this market.
- The Changing Landscape of Air-Defense Feb 10, 2023The ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine demonstrates the strategic shift in air warfare from direct attacks by bombers to standoff attacks using missiles. The ground-based air defenses have yet to embrace this change.
- IAI Develops a Hybrid Loitering EO-Guided Missile for US Irregular Warfare Jan 19, 2023IAI has been awarded a multi-million-dollar contract by the Irregular Warfare Technical Support Directorate (IWTSD) of the US Department of Defense (DoD) to rapidly develop and deliver “ROC-X,” a version of the POINT BLANK hybrid-missile system, designed to increase the organic precision strike lethality of small tactical teams. The Point Blank weapon has already been tested in Israel, and IAI plans to deliver the first ROC-X prototypes and training to DoD for Operational Testing and Evaluation in FY-23.
- A Smart Sight Provides Tactical Operators with Counter-Drone Overmatch at Long Range Jan 11, 2023After less than three years of development, Smartshooter has reached the final milestone of the Individual Weapon Overmatch Optic (IWOO) program, successfully passing the system’s Technology Readiness Review (TRR). As part of this phase, two prototype systems were taken through a series of live-fire tests by IWTSD to ensure the system met the contract performance requirements. The systems performed well and fired day and night, using clip-on night vision devices.
- Foreign Exhibits at Vietnam Defence 2022 Jan 5, 2023Defense-Update impressions from the main foreign exhibits at Vietnam Defence 2022.
- Vietnam International Defense Expo Reflects Hanoi’s Military Prowess Jan 5, 2023The Vietnam Defense Exhibition, held at a Hanoi airbase, attracted 174 exhibitors from 30 countries. Vietnam is considering adopting a “Make in Vietnam” policy similar to India’s to strengthen the capabilities of its local defense industry and support significant defense procurement programs. The exhibition provided local companies with an opportunity to showcase their capabilities and find potential foreign partners.