Other Regional Defense Updates:
Algeria | Bahrain | Cyprus | Egypt | Iran | Iraq | Israel | Jordan | Kuwait |
Lebanon | Libya | Morocco | Oman | Qatar | Saudi-Arabia | Syria | Turkey |
Tunisia | UAE | Yemen.
- Soft-Kill System Seconds a Hard-Kill in a Layered Defense Demonstration Oct 14, 2019 BAE Systems unveiled its next-generation active protection system called raven today, at the US Army (AUSA) convention. Raven uses a unique, non-kinetic InfraRed (IR) countermeasure system to defeat guided missiles fired at the protected platform. Raven has already demonstrated its effectiveness against guided missiles in several tests.
- Aerospace, Defense & Security Events Oct 10, 2019 October – December 2019 Events Traveling abroad? Our Travel Partner Agoda has the most attractive deals! AUSA – US Army Annual Meeting & Convention – 14-16 October 2019, Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington DC, USA Directed Energy Systems – 22-24 October 2019, London Mariott Hotel, Regents Park, London UK CPSE – China 17th Public Security Expo – 28-30 October 2019, Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center, Shenzhen, China Future Mortar Systems – 29-31 October 2019, Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference center, Madrid, Spain UVID International Conference of Unmanned Systems – 7 November 2019, Avenue Convention Center, Airport City, Israel Future Armoured Vehicles Survivability – 12-14 November 2019, Kempthorne Tara Hotel, Kensington, London UK Dubai Airshow – 17-21 November 2019, DWC, Dubai Airshow Site Defense & Security – Tri-Service Asian Defense & Security Exhibition, Conference and Networking Event -, 18-21 November 2019, IMPACT Exhibition & Convention Center, Bangkok, Thailand Future Indirect Fires Eastern Europe – 19-21 November 2019, Hotel Swisshotel, Tallinn, Estonia Milipol – 19-22 November 2019, Paris-Nord Villepinte, Paris, France Expodefensa International Defense & Security Trade Fair – 2-4 December 2019, Bogota, Columbia I/ITSEC – Modeling, Simulation & Training Event – 2-6 December, Orlando, FL, USA Countering Explosive Threat & Demining – 10-12 December 2019, Hilton Wembley, London, UK GDA – Gulf Defense & Aerospace Exhibition & Conference – 10-12 December 2019, Kuwait International Fair, Kuwait For Events taking place in JANUARY-MARCH 2019 – Click Here For Events taking place in APRIL-JUNE 2019 – Click Here For Events taking place in JULY-SEPTEMBER 2019 – Click Here For Events taking place in OCTOBER-DECEMBER 2019 – Click Here Traveling abroad? Try our Travel Partner Agoda – attractive deals – recommended hotels Want to include your event in our list?
- S70 Okhotnik Flies MUM-T with Su-57 Sep 28, 2019 Sukhoi and the Russian Ministry of Defense have flown the S-70 Okhotnik unmanned aerial vehicle with Su-57 fifth-generation fighter aircraft for the first time. The flight that laster 30 minutes as part of the ongoing test program. On this flight, Okhotnik flew with a full avionics configuration in an automated mode.
- Bastion-P Test Reinforces Russian Control of Arctic Marine Route Sep 28, 2019 The Russian Ministry of Defense confirmed the completion of a successful firing test of the Onix ground-launched, supersonic anti-ship cruise missile at a naval target floating at the Arctic Sea, 200 kilometers from the Chukotka Peninsula. The test reinforces the Russian claim to control this new, strategic sea route that has opened as a result of global warming effects.
- Satellite Imagery Unveils Iran’s Struggle to Establish a Protected BridgeHead on Syria-Iraq Border Sep 24, 2019 The Iranians are racing against time to build and fortify the Imam-Ali military compound near Albukamal, on the Syrian-Iraqi border. In recent months, Iran is constructing a civilian border passage at Albukamal-Al Qiam. Nearby, a short distance from the commercial gateway, a different compound is being built – designed to store and temporarily accommodate shipments of military hardware, missiles, and ammunition shipped from Iran, to support the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Quds force, through Iraq to Iran’s Shi’ite proxies in Syria and Lebanon.
- AFRL to Test a Drone-Swarm Killer HPM Sep 23, 2019 The US Air Force is invests $16 million in further field assessment of Raytheon’s Phaser High Power Microwave System outside the continental U.S. The testing phase will span over 12 months in which the Phaser will engage simulated and real unmanned aerial systems threats. The Phaser system developed by Raytheon is designed to combat drone swarms, particularly on attacks such as the recent loitering missiles that struck the Abqaiq oil processing facility in Saudi Arabia.
- Maiden Flight for the US Navy Future Aerial Refueling Drone Sep 19, 2019 Boeing and the U.S. Navy successfully completed the first test flight of the MQ-25 Stingray unmanned aerial refueler. The MQ-25 will provide the Navy with a much-needed carrier-based unmanned aerial refueling capability. It will allow for better use of the combat strike fighters currently performing the tanking role and will extend the range of the carrier air wing.
- The Netherlands Selects BAE Systems to Integrate APS into their CV9035NL AIFVs Sep 19, 2019 The Royal Netherlands Army has been working closely with BAE Systems Hägglunds to study the implementation of the Iron Fist APS onto the CV9035NL since 2015. The new systems are expected to join the vehicle as part of its planned Mid-Life Upgrade, thus improving its survivability and situational awareness. The Dutch decision is closely followed by the Scandinavian countries, Switzerland, Denmark and Estonia that also operating this vehicle.
- Lockheed Martin Prepared to Enhance F-35 Targeting Capability Sep 17, 2019 Lockheed Martin said today it has developed an advanced version of the Electro-Optical Targeting System (EOTS) used in the F-35 Lightning II. The Advanced EOTS offers higher resolution and improved multi-spectral sensing. The development was funded through internal investment and was vetted through Operational Analysis against the most demanding F-35 missions.
- Raytheon’s Peregrine to Maximize Fighters Air/Air Loadout, Agility Sep 16, 2019 Raytheon Company announced today it is developing a new medium-range, air-launched weapon called the Peregrine missile, that is half the size and cost of today’s AMRAAM air-to-air missiles, yet delivers greater effect.