Other European Defense Updates:
Austria | Belgium | Bulgaria | Croatia | Czech Republic | Denmark | Estonia | Finland | France | Germany | Hungary | Ireland | Italy | Latvia | Lithuania | Netherlands | NATO | Norway | Poland | Portugal | Romania | Serbia | Slovenia | Sweden | Switzerland.
For an insight into each of the countries, click on the country name for a detailed report listing the 10 recent news items for that specific country.
- KADEX 2020 Feb 10, 2020 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan – 28 – 31 May 2020
- Israel Debut New Persistent Surveillance Capabilities at the Singapore Airshow Feb 10, 2020 In a trend to improve wide-area persistent surveillance (WAPS) beyond existing capabilities, three defense industries from Israel unveil groundbreaking, lightweight WAPS systems designed for small, tactical unmanned aerial systems (STUAS) at the Singapore Airshow. These platforms are designed to operate with tactical forces and provide intelligence support to the units in direct contact with the enemy.
- Iran Unveils Raad-500 – A New Tactical Ballistic Missile Feb 9, 2020 Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) unveiled today the existence of a new tactical ballistic missile representing a generation leap in ballistic missile technology. The 4th Generation Raad-500 (Thunder) introduces an improved aerodynamic design, composite casing rocket propulsion, and terminal precision capability.
- Israel’s Eitan 8×8 APC to be Fielded by the End of 2021 Feb 9, 2020 Israel will soon begin serial production of Eitan 8×8 armored personnel carriers (APC) at the IDF Technical and Logistics Directorate Development and Maintenance Center, where Merkava and Namer heavy armored fighting vehicles are produced. Eitan is expected to become operational at the end of 2021, replacing the half-century-old M-113 APC.
- An IDF Brigade to Field AI-Empowered Networked Fires by 2022 Feb 3, 2020 Israel’s Ministry of Defense (IMOD) has announced the acquisition of ‘Fire Weaver’ – a networked sensor-to-shooter system developed by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems. Fire Weaver will be implemented at the divisions of Israel’s Defense Forces (IDF) as it becomes operational in the coming year.
- Heron II Joins IAI’s MALE Family Jan 29, 2020 IAI has unveiled a new version of its Heron Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) drone, designated Heron Heron MK II. Carrying a 470 kg payload weight the maximum takeoff weight has increased to 1,350 kg., while mission endurance remained at 45 hours.
- Lifting the Veil of Israel’s Classified Laser Weapon Program Jan 8, 2020 Israel’s Ministry of Defense revealed today a major achievement in a high energy laser program undergoing with the Directorate of Defense Research and Development (DDR&D). Investments in laser technology made by the department have led to the ability to precisely focus laser beams on long-range targets, overcoming atmospheric disturbances.
- Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology Conference Jan 1, 2020 Crowne Plaza Rome | 5-6 February 2020
- Military Additive Manufacturing Summit Jan 1, 2020 CAMLS Training Center, Tampa, FL | 5-6 February 2020
- ADECS 2020 – Asia Defense Expo Jan 1, 2020 Marina Bay Sands, Singapore | 4-5 February 2020